Saturday 8 October 2016

Japan food guide : Pancakes in Tokyo


Hi all,  I am going to do some write-up on food in Japan, or rather, pancakes in Tokyo.
While I know pancake is not a Japanese dish, but you can’t deny that there has been a pancake craze going on in Japan, especially in Tokyo. Hence, I am going to list some popular pancake shops with long queues and waiting time, that you might be interested in if you happen to visit Tokyo (pancakes still make good breakfast after all and they are yummy too!). Well, I am still going to make this list so it can serve as a reminder for me to eat them when I visit Japan in the future.
First on this list will definitely be Bills by Bills Granger (Australia), since it is the only one among the pancake shops that I have actually visited. Bills is known to serve the ‘best breakfast in the world’ and I couldn’t agree more. The pancakes are fluffy and I love the full Aussie breakfast.  Introduced this to my friends who went to Japan after me and most of them love it (well, girls love the pancakes, guys love the full Aussie breakfast more), but if you have companions, you can always order both to share. While there is a long queue, we didn’t wait as long as I expected to and you can actually make reservations online, so yay! There are currently 4 branches in Japan (2 in Tokyo) - Omotesando (which is of walking distance from Harajuku actually), Odaiba, Shichirigahama in Kamakura and red brick warehouse in Yokohama.
Check out my review on Bills.
image
Now, this is one that I would love to visit someday (am I the only one who absolutely love whipped cream?)
Touted as the best pancakes in Hawaii, eggs n’ things pancakes are served with a mountain of whipped cream which, according to people who have been there before, is not overly cloying and instead is light and fluffy. Now, this is something that I definitely would want to try.
Also, other than having branches in Tokyo Harajuku and ODaiba, they have branches in Osaka Shinsaibashi, Kyoto, Yokohama, Kobe, Fukuoka and Enoshima too.
image
Also located in the Omotesando/ Harajuku area in Tokyo, Cafe Kaila, also from Hawaii. The draw-point about this will most probably be the amount of fruits on it (2,000 yen for all the toppings if I am not mistaken) and the fact that their pancakes are made without butter or oil, which makes them healthier than other pancakes shops. Guess this appeals to girls who want to eat pancakes but do not want to feel guilty about it?
But seriously, I am tempted to eat this too, the fruits on it are… *drools*
image
Pancake days actually have branches in Osaka and Tokyo too. Tokyo - Harajuku (again, well, Harajuku/ Omotesando area is like the pancakes war zone), Kichijoji, Nagoya, Osaka Universal city walk and Abeno.
I am not gonna lie, this pancakes look so cute and good and what is better than one pancake?
A stack of pancakes! I might be biased cos I love pancakes and anything sweet, but I definitely would be thrilled if someone brings me to eat this.
image
From Portland, slappycakes is a DIY shop, where you can make your own pancakes. I guess this will be fun, since you get to choose the flavors and toppings yourself and get to cook the pancakes yourself. YAY if you have artistic skills and can make cute pancakes but even if you can’t, I am sure it will still be a fun experience.
Well, I know there are more pancake shops in Japan but well, I am going to stop here and if I ever visit them in the future, I will definitely do a write-up on them.
tada~~

Thanks for reading this post, if you would like to support me, please make a small contribution through here.

No comments:

Post a Comment